Lucknow: The Special CBI Court on Wednesday 30 September gave judgement stating there is no solid evidence that the demolition of the Babri structure at Ayodhya on 6 December 1992 had been preplanned and acquitted all 32 accused.
Senior BJP leaders KK Advani, Murli Manohar Joshi and Uma Bharti were among the accused in this case.
Hyderabad: A special anti-terror court today acquitted Swami Aseemanand and four others accused in the Mecca Masjid blast case, on the ground that the prosecution had failed to prove “even a single allegation” against them.
Shortly after pronouncing the judgement in the Mecca Masjid blast case, K Ravinder Reddy, the special judge for NIA cases, gave his resignation citing personal reasons.
The four centuries-old Mecca mosque here was rocked by a blast that killed 9 and wounded several dozen when a large number of people had gathered at the mosque on May 18, 2007 for Friday prayers.
Beside Aseemanand, those acquitted in the Mecca masjid blast case are — Devendra Gupta, Lokesh Sharma, Bharat Mohanlal Rateshwar alias Bharat Bhai and Rajendra Choudhary. Two other accused in this case – Sandeep V Dange and Ramchandra Kalsangra – have been absconding, while another accused Sunil Joshi was murdered in Dewas Madhya Pradesh. Investigation is continuing against two others. In January 2014, the NIA court in Bhopal had pulled up the NIA for failure to file the challan in the RSS Pracharak Sunil Joshi murder case. At that time, NIA had told the court that the Challan was not being filed as investigations were continuing in this case. Sunil Joshi was gunned down at Dewas in December 2007.
Following today’s verdict, the BJP leaders are claiming that they have exposed the Congress party’s “Hindu terror and saffron terror” theory and appeasement politics. The Congress on the other side is questioning the working of NIA.
New Delhi: What is being described by different sections of people as a scathing censure of the CBI is the verdict of the Special CBI Court acquitting former Union telecom minister A Raja and M Kanimozhi of the DMK, who were among 17 people charged and tried in the infamous 2G scam case.
Delivering the verdict, Special CBI Court judge OP Saini told a packed courtroom today: “I have absolutely no hesitation in holding that prosecution has miserably failed to prove any charge against any of the accused, made in its well-choreographed charge-sheet.”
Special CBI Court has said there was no evidence available against the accused. The court order says: "some people created a scam by artfully arranging a few selected facts and exaggerating things beyond recognition to astronomical levels.”
According to the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG), the 2G scam, said to be one of the biggest corruption scandals that rocked the previous UPA government led by Manmohan Singh, had led to a revenue loss of Rs. 1.76 lakh crore to the Indian Government. The allegation was that there was conspiracy and corruption in high places and telecom permits were allotted much below market price.
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court today (12 October 2016) overturned the lower court’s verdict and acquitted Nupur and Rajesh Talwar in the sensational 2008 Aarushi-Hemraj murder case.
Delivering their verdict, Justice VK Narayan and Justice AK Misra said that due to the circumstances and lack of concrete evidence, the couple couldn’t be held responsible for the murder of their daughter and servant.