Happenings in Sri Lanka are a colossal tragedy and appropriate lessons need to be drawn by all developing countries.
In India we need to do the following:
- All populist policies, wasteful expenditure and super privileges of pampered employees should be withdrawn.
- Only viable projects which contribute to economic growth and create jobs should be undertaken.
- All reforms needed to create proper climate for economic growth should be urgently undertaken.
- Export base should be diversified.
- Indigenous arms production and alternate forms of energy should be promoted.
- Medium and small-scale industries should be promoted to create jobs.
- Tourism should be promoted by creating better awareness and good infrastructure.
- Heavy investment should be made to create global level universities. It is said we have drain of Rs. 45000 crores annually when our students go abroad for studies.
- Medical tourism should be promoted.
- All impediments for smooth running and setting up of industries should be removed.