Madhya Pradesh Budget: Tarun Bhanot presents Rs. 214085.02 crore budget in State Assembly
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Finance Minister Tarun Bhanot on Wednesday 10 July 2019 presented a Rs. 214085.02 crore budget with a revenue surplus of Rs. 732.63 crore for the financial year 2019-20.
The salient features of the budget estimates of 2019-20 are:
- Total expenditure of Rs. 214085.02 crore for the year 2019-20 and appropriation of
- Revenue surplus of Rs. 732.63 crore for the year 2019-20.
- Fiscal Deficit estimated at 3.34 percent of GSDP.
- Total Revenue Receipts for the year 2019-20 are estimated to be Rs. 179353.75 crore.
Components of the Revenue Receipts are Rs. 65273.74 crore as State’s Own Tax
Revenue; Rs. 63750.81 crore as share in Central Taxes; Rs. 13968.27 crore as State’s
Own Non-Tax Revenue and Rs. 36360.93 crore of Central Grants.
- State’s Own Tax Revenue estimates are 23.69 percent higher as compared to RE
- Revenue Expenditure of Rs. 178621.12 crore is estimated for the year 2019-20 which is
18.27 percent more than Rs. 151022.46 crore for the year RE 2018-19.
- Capital expenditure for the year 2019-20 is estimated to be Rs. 35463.90 crore as
against Rs. 29256.78 crore for the year 2018-19. Thus, an increase of 21.22 percent.
- Capital expenditure is 3.68 percent of GSDP
- Revenue Surplus estimated at 0.08 percent of GSDP.
- Interest payments estimated at 8.05 percent of Revenue Receipts.
- Main Attractions
Increase in appropriation by 20 percent.
- Increase in Capital Expenditure by 21 percent.
- Budget of Farmer Welfare and Agriculture Development Department has increased by
- Provision of Rs. 8,000 crore for ‘Jai Kissan Fasal Rin Mafi Yojana.
- Provision of Rs. 7,117 crore for Indira Kisaan Jyoti Yojana and agricultural pumps.
Provision of Rs. 1,600 crore for Wheat bonus at rate of Rs. 160.
- New scheme ‘Mukhyamantri Bagwani evam khadya Prasanskaran’ launched with the
provision of Rs. 100 crore.
- Provision for Rs. 1,000 crore for share capital to Cooperative Bank.
- Budget for Social Justice Department is Rs. 2891 crore, which is an increase of 43
percent on account of pension and increase in provision of CM Kanya Vivah Nikaah
- Rs. 330 crore provision for Youth Swabhiman Yojana for different departments.
- Legal provision for ensuring that 70 percent of total employment is provided to
domicile of MP will be taken up.
- For better management of government land, constitution of Land Management
Authority is proposed.
- Nadi Punarjeevan Abhiyan for conservation of water in 40 rivers of 36 districts.
- Provision of Rs. 1000 crore for right to water.
- Health Sector expenditure hike by 32 percent.
- Sushen Sanjivini Yojana for better health services
- Right to health
- Construction of satellite towns, industrial area and dry port on Bhopal-Indore
- Rs. 33,467 crore for Tribal Sub-Schemes.
- Aashthaan Yojana for reservation of culture of tribals.
- Loan waiver up to Rs. 1 lakh on loans given by Scheduled Tribe Finance Corporation.
- Rs. 22,793 crore for Scheduled Cast Sub-Schemes.
- Special financial arrangement for road construction and irrigation