New Delhi: Toxic gas fumes that spread following a chemical leak at a container depot in southeast Delhi’s Tughlakabad area today affected a large number of school students who were rushed to hospital after they complained of breathlessness and irritation in eyes.
According to police sources, it was about 7. 30 this morning when they received a call about a chemical leakage at customs area of Tughlaqabad depot. About 300 students have received treatment in hospitals, they disclosed. Romil Baaniya, DCP (Southeast) told media that some chemical leakage at customs area of Tughlaqabad depot has caused eye irritation to the girl students in Rani Jhansi school.
The Delhi government has ordered a magisterial probe and the Police have registered an FIR under relevant sections of Indian Penal Code and the Environment (Protection) Act.
Categories: Other States