13 charred to death in Chhindwara fire
Bhopal: Thirteen persons were burnt alive and three others, who received serious burn injuries, were rushed to hospital when fire erupted at a cooperative fair price distribution outlet of kerosene at Harrai in Chhindwara district of Madhya Pradesh on Friday.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has expressed profound grief over the fire incident during kerosene distribution at Harrai of Chhindwara district. He said that this incident is most distressing and painful.
Chouhan has announced ex-gratia amount of Rs. 400,000 to the family of each deceased person and Rs. 50,000 each to seriously injured. He has instructed the administration for proper medical treatment of the injured persons. Moreover, he prayed to the Almighty to grant peace to the departed souls and for speedy health recovery of the injured.
Minister incharge Bisen leaves for Incident Site
Chief Minister Chouhan has directed the Minister in charge of the district and Minister for Farmers Welfare and Agriculture Development Bisen to reach incident site by air for monitoring relief and rescue works
Check out @PMOIndia’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/PMOIndia/status/855430071586369536?s=09