Go to ...

RSS Feed

October 20, 2017

David Headley Chase brings results as he admits LeT connect


Newsroom24x7 Desk

2611 attacksNew Delhi : David Coleman Headley today committed to his involvement in Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) when he admitted, stay put in a foreign land, via live admittance through video conference, and made investigative authorities move a step deeper into the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack case. Headley, one of the main conspirators in the 26/11 attacks, deposed as a witness in the case and shared information on the modus operandi of terror cycle, which lead to the ghastly Mumbai attacks. Outlining the series of event in the prelude to the attack, Headley, an American national, committed that he was in the know of series of events which led to the crime.

On the procedure of his entry into India, he gave it all — starting from planting a false identity for self, managing legal entry route into the Indian soil by forging Passport on proxy name, co-ordinating with Let and its operatives, the interaction with LeT handler for the same, and the number of visits that Headley had made to India before, and after the attacks. Headley admitted today that he had come to the city with a false identity at the behest of his colleague and handler, Sajid Mir(co-accused), a Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) operative. Claiming his allegiance to the terror group, Headley admitted that he was a true follower of LeT, and had gone to the extent of swapping his identity for executing visits on proxy. He revealed how he had changed his name from Dawood Gilani to David Coleman Headley for the purpose of acquiring a new passport to come to India. Working on the scheme of events detailed out by LeT, Headley had been moving in and out of India before the attacks. He himself said thi, when he admitted that he had visited Mumbai seven times prior to the attacks on November 26, 2008. He even visited Delhi in March 2009,David Headley after the attacks.

The revelations came during a deposition which took place place before special judge GA Sanap in a city civil and sessions court in Mumbai, via video conference, from an undisclosed location in the US. The proceedings began at 7 am today, and will continue until 12.30 pm with a break in between. Public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam said — This is the first time perhaps in the world’s legal history that a terrorist will tender live evidence in a foreign country. Headley will likely divulge the larger aspect of the criminal conspiracy behind the 26/11 terror attacks. This would strengthen the present trial pending against Indian nationals. The US government has supported the endeavor taking into consideration the global challenge of terrorism.

Headley, after being convicted and sentenced by a US Federal court in January 2013 — is currently in a US jail where he is serving 35 years for his involvement in Mumbai attacks. Headley is scheduled to depose on Tuesday morning as well.

Tags: , , , , , ,

%d bloggers like this: