New Delhi, Jan. 6: Rolls-Royce Motor Cars has today revealed record sales results for a fifth consecutive year, with 4,063 cars sold globally during 2014. This means that sales have more than quadrupled since 2009.
- 4,063 cars delivered to customers in 2014 (+12%)
- Fifth consecutive record year and the highest sales in the marque’s 111-year history
- Reaffirmation of leadership of super-luxury segment (>Euro 200,000 net)
- Bespoke personalisation at highest-ever levels
- North America tops regional figures, ahead of the Middle East, Europe and China
- United States is biggest individual market
- 200 new jobs created over the past two years
- Major expansion underway in Southern England
- Results reaffirm Rolls-Royce’s status as the world’s leading super-luxury goods manufacturerRolls-Royce today said in a statement strong sales were reported worldwide, with double-digit growth in most regions, North America (up 30%), the Middle East (up 20%) and Europe (up 40%). The United States remained the company’s most significant individual market. Rolls-Royce’s home market, the United Kingdom, is the company’s fourth largest individual market (up 13%).Europe saw strong growth in a number of markets with Germany up by 30%, while in Asia Pacific, Australia grew by 75%, Japan by 60% and Korea 20%. In the Middle East, highlights included Bahrain (up 50%), Kuwait (up 45%) and Oman (up 27%). Emerging markets such as Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan and Vietnam all showed promising growth.The best-selling Rolls-Royce dealership in 2014 was Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Abu Dhabi. As part of the marque’s commitment to long-term sustainable growth, six new dealerships were opened in 2014, including Mexico City, Calgary, Canada and Gold Coast, Australia. A total of 127 dealerships are now in operation and further expansion is planned for 2015.
Torsten Müller-Ötvös, Chief Executive Officer, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars said, “This fifth consecutive record year saw Rolls-Royce Motor Cars break through the 4,000 car sales level for the first time in its 111-year history.